RCH Announces Enhanced Visitor Restrictions
Rochelle Community Hospital is announcing enhanced visitor restrictions in response to increased cases and hospitalizations for COVID-19. These restrictions will take effect on Monday, November 9. Currently Ogle County is experiencing a 15.9% positivity rate and our region is under Tier 2 mitigation. Our visitation restrictions are as follows:
- One support person per patient is allowed in the hospital on the surgical unit, inpatient floor and for outpatient services based on the patient’s needs and condition. This would include caregivers, medical decision makers, parents and guardians of minor children.
- Special consideration will be made during critical or end of life situations in consultation with the care team.
- One dedicated visitor will be allowed in the Emergency Department.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients that have tested positive for COVID-19, are a person under investigation or are in an isolation room.
- All visitors must remain in the patient room at all times.
At the Family Healthcare Clinic, Convenient Care and Multi-Specialty Clinics at the hospital, patients should attend appointments unaccompanied when possible. If necessary, only ONE designated support person will be allowed.
As always, all patients and support persons will be screened and temperature checked at the facility entrances and a personal face covering must be properly worn over the nose and mouth throughout the visit or he/she will be asked to leave.
RCH Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator