When you need surgery, there are two things that usually top the list when looking where to go: a top-notch surgical team and being close to home. And Rochelle Community Hospital offers so much more.
Leading the Way in Surgical Sterilization
When it comes to surgery, having a great surgeon leading the team is important. But there are also other factors that help determine your surgery's success: the people who clean, decontaminate, sterilize and prep the medical and surgical instruments for surgery!
Our hospital not only has an amazing surgical staff, but we also have one of the best surgical processing and support teams around. In fact, our Surgical Department earned a 100% score on a recent Joint Commission survey! We took that commitment even farther by forming a new chapter for the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
Plus, our outstanding surgical team performs nearly 900 outpatient, inpatient, and emergency surgical services a year, right here in Rochelle. We have a general surgeon on staff at all times, as well as several specialists, including Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Podiatry and Pain Management. And if a hospital stay is needed to help your recovery, our friendly nurses will encourage you along, and your family can visit you without the hassle of traveling to a larger city. That's a definite bonus when you want loved ones nearby.
Common Inpatient Surgeries Performed at RCH
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Bowel Resection
- Hernia Repairs
- Ankle, Wrist & Foot Fractures
Common Outpatient & Minimally Invasive Procedures Available
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Breast Biopsies
- Thyroid & Liver Biopsies
- Ultrasound-Guided Procedures
- Cataract Surgery
- Blepharoplasty (Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery)
How to Prepare for Surgery at RCH
- DO NOT eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery
- Have someone available to drive you home
- Follow instructions given for completion of lab work and x-rays
- Have your History and Physical completed prior to surgery
- Wear comfortable clothes and leave personal items at home
- Follow instructions on what medications are allowed prior to surgery
- Arrive 1- 2 hours before scheduled time and follow instructions on where to check in
Schedule a Surgical Consultation
Contact your physician to schedule your surgical consultation. We must have your doctor’s order on file before a consult may be scheduled. Questions about surgery? Call 815-561-1546.