Get Fit by Walking!
There’s a lot of research out on the benefits of walking. Here are just a few:
- Lower your "bad" cholesterol (LDL)
- Raise your "good" cholesterol (HDL)
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk or manage type 2 diabetes
- Manage your weight
- Improve your mood
- Stay strong and fit!
So what are you waiting for?! Start walking regularly - and follow these handy tips - to reap the benefits!
Tips on Walking to a Healthier You
- Drink lots of water, at least 64 ounces a day
- Don’t forget to wear protective clothing and sunscreen when walking outside
Dress appropriately for the weather
- Wear comfortable clothes that move well
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit properly, offering good traction and support for the feet
- Walk with a partner or group
Walk at least 10 minutes at a time
- Try to do this 3-5 times a day
- Or at least 30 minutes a day