Useful Questions to Ask Your Doctor
At Rochelle Community Hospital, we encourage you to be fully informed about your health. The best way to do this is by asking questions during your appointment. Though you may find it difficult to speak up or are afraid of asking questions, it is important to initiate a two-way dialogue between you and your healthcare provider. Below is a list of questions that our healthcare providers are more than happy to answer during your next visit.
- What exactly is my condition, and what caused it?
- What tests will I need to get done, if any?
- What are my treatment options?
- How will I know that my treatment is working?
- What is the timeline for the treatment plan?
If you are prescribed medication, you should consider asking the following questions:
- Can I take a generic medicine or is this available over the counter?
- Can you review the instructions with me?
- What are the possible side effects of this medication?
- How does this medication work?
- What are the reasons why I should take this medication?
- Will this have an effect on the other medication I am currently taking?